(You want to have this little checkmark next to your page name)
Some Pages and profiles have been verified by Facebook to let people know that they're authentic:
- If you see a blue badge on a Page or profile, it means that Facebook confirmed that this is the authentic Page or profile for this public figure, media company or brand. Keep in mind that not all public figures, celebrities and brands on Facebook have blue badges.
- If you see a gray badge on a Page, it means that Facebook confirmed that this is an authentic Page for this business or organization.
While it’s not possible to measure the impact of a gray badge directly, there are some benefits you’ll notice right away:
- The gray badge adds instant credibility to your business page.
- Users will know they’re getting updates directly from your business rather than from a fan account or another unofficial source.
- If users want to talk directly to your business about complaints, returns, or general customer service needs, they’ll know they’re in the right place.
- Your Facebook page will rank higher in search results.
To verify your Page, you can use your business's publicly listed phone number or a business document (example: phone bill). Facebook only uses this information to verify your Page.
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- From General, click Page Verification
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue
If you prefer to verify your Page with a business document, follow the steps above and click Verify this Page with documents instead at the bottom left of the window that appears, then upload a picture of an official document showing your business's name and address.
After Facebook receives your verification code or business document, they'll review your info to confirm that it matches public records and send you a notification or email about your verification status within a few days. Since this takes longer, we suggest using the phone verification system.
If you have any questions at all, we are here to help!
Click here to view the process on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/help/100168986860974/